Uncle JackPermanent Link
- Death Valley DreamlapseGavin Heffernan created this gorgeous Death Valley timelapse. ”The pink aurora first makes an appearance during the star trails shot at 1:36 and later in more detail at 2:22. Since we didn’t even know auroras were POSSIBLE this far south, we did some research and learned there was a CME (Coronal Mass Eruption) solar event that night (March 17th) which […]
- Pic of the Day – 3/7/14Professional rock climber and free-solo specialist Alex Honnold catches his breath on a ledge while climbing Half Dome in Yosemite National Park. Photograph by Jimmy Chin.
- Acoustic Guitar Cover of MC Hammer’s “Can’t Touch This”Sam Westphalen performing MC Hammer’s classic “U Can’t Touch This” in the studio at the Australian Institute of Music.
- Pic of the Day – 3/6/14A wildcat by photographer Joel Sartore.
- Afternoon in the CuyamacasRich & I went to our favorite spot east of the lake yesterday and hung out for a while with a picnic lunch. Heard thousands of frogs singing in a frenzy of mating. Saw a bald eagle, a blue heron hunting frogs, and a herd of deer down in this meadow. As we were exploring […]
- Death Valley Dreamlapse